Choosing a photographer to capture your memories is a big decision, yet many of us don’t give it much thought. When we send that first email, we’re thinking about cost, location, and all the pretty digitals we can share on social media. I’m going to be honest with you: Your forever memories deserve more than that. Here are some questions to ask yourself and your photographer so that you can ensure your memories are being treated as the treasures they are.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Before you even reach out to a potential photographer, make sure you know why you’re doing it and what you hope to get from your session. These questions can help clarify your vision:
- Why are you hiring a professional photographer? Is this a memorable time in your life that you want to capture? What is it about the images you want that make them more important than something you can just snap with an iPhone and share on social media?
- What are you planning on doing with your portraits? How will you display them and look back on these memories? How will you pass them on to your babies, and their babies? Are you going to gift these photos to grandparents?
- Why are you going to invest in a brand new wardrobe and shoes, complete with nails, hair, and makeup?
Once you have a clear idea of these things, you can send that email or set up that call. When you know the answers to these important questions, you’ll have the confidence and clarity to know whether that photographer is the right person to trust with your memories. When you call, you can ask these questions of your photographer to find out whether their vision aligns with yours.
Questions to Ask Your Photographer
- Professional photography is more than just digital images. What else do they create for you? How can they help you create and capture memories you can treasure forever?
- Do they offer a studio wardrobe and hair and makeup? Are they licensed, insured, educated, and trained?
- What do they do with your portraits? Do they create wall art? If so, will they show you what your portraits will look like on your exact walls?
- Do they create and design custom-made albums to match your home? Do they make announcements and custom artwork?
- Do they have gift ideas for grandparents and other family members?
There are so many beautiful ways to treat your portraits as treasures, not just images. Be sure to ask how you can print yours! Be in touch if you would like to learn more.
Lots of Love,